Thursday, October 1, 2009

Remember Me -


Remember Me -
My life has changed, but it's not over....

Remember Me -

The way I used to be;

When my life was full - and my spirit free.

Before my strength was taken away,

Before the time I slipped away

into my solitary world,

Where outside my window - Life goes on;

But, as for me, my life is gone

at least for the moment....

The friends I knew - the things I'd do
are but a shadow of memory now.

The singing and dancing

and working and laughing -

will they ever return?

Oh, when will they return?

Please remember me - don't forget

That I'm still here - I'm not gone yet,
though it may seem.

But I still can dream

of a brighter day when my Life returns.

How for that day my spirit yearns....

But, for now, I sit as the world goes by,

And for my old Life I sometimes cry.

So, while you go about your way

and laugh and play from day to day -

Remember Me....



- Jacki -
May 17, 1994


No comments:

Post a Comment